Looking for Project Manager - Construction - Urgent
Experience: Minimum 10 years or Above
No of Vacancies: 2
A reputed company is looking for the qualified and experienced " Project Manager - Construction " candidates.
Project managers ensure the project is completed on time and within budget, that the project's objectives are met and that everyone else is doing their job properly. Projects are usually separate to usual day-today business activities and require a group of people to work together to achieve a set of specific objectives. Project managers oversee the project to ensure the desired result is achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Effectively lead and manage the facilitation of projects and associated administration from concept to hand-over within quality, cost, safety and time frames by ensuring accurate preparation and implementation of all relevant tasks are carried out in accordance with both Company and external requirements, legislation and regulations.
* Effectively manage scheduling and programming to ensure that the project remains on time and within budget specifications.
* Responsible for the day to day decision making regarding program logic and site activities.
* Provide a central contact point for the client regarding any variances, queries, etc.
* Maintain a cooperative relationship with all legislative, approval bodies and authorities, e.g. councils, building services authority, Dept. of Workplace Health and safety, etc.
* Establish and maintain an amicable relationship with neighbors of our projects.
* Actively consult with engineers and other technical team members to ensure that design intentions are achieved.
* Ensure client invoicing is completed to maximize positive cash flow.
* Prepare recommendations to the General Manager for the letting of sub-contracts following the subcontract negotiation process.
* Negotiate and manage the efficient supply of labor and materials within scope of accountability and ensure the quality standard required is maintained.
* Ensure all requisitions are planned and submitted in advance so that timely delivery of supplies to the site is achieved. Materials should not be stored on the site for excessive periods of time.
* Assume overall responsibility for the delivery of projects.
* Effectively manage Site Managers / Supervisors to ensure that construction, installation and/or commissioning remains on time and within budget specifications.
* Ensure that the construction site and direct sub-contractors are supervised to ensure standards of building performance, quality, costs, schedules and safety are maintained.
* Report promptly to the General Manager any substandard workmanship to enable appropriate action to be taken.
* Control payment to sub-contractors by valuation of completed works.
* In the absence of site supervision, supervise construction sites and direct staff and subcontractors to ensure standards of building performance, quality, costs, schedules and safety are maintained.
Customer and Communication:
* Liaise with Clients and/or their representatives and organize meetings or other information to be received from or distributed to them as required.
* Actively liaise and consult with relevant staff members to ensure effective communication is maintained.
* Daily communication with the Site Manager to ensure the project remains on track.
* Prepare weekly reports on the status of the project to the General Manager.
* Build and maintain relationships with current and new suppliers and subcontractors.
* Maintain a cooperative and fair relationship with our clients and their representatives.
* Actively promote the Company and its products through direct client contact as appropriate.
* Ensure all workmanship is within quality parameters and meets statutory and company requirements.
* Continuous improvement in Quality, OH&S and Environment.
Safety and Compliance:
Be conversant with Ahrens Quality, Environment, Safety, Drug and Alcohol Policies, HSQE Management System and Emergency Plan. In particular, ensure that you work safely in accordance with any relevant Safe Work Method Statements and/or SOPs, respect the environment and report any variations from the Ahrens way of doing business and safety or environmental hazards/incidents through Ahrens reporting system. Specific HQSE Management System responsibilities are as documented in the Management Manual.
* Support and promote all Company Policies and Guidelines.
* Experience in project management in the Design & Construction industry.
* Current driver's license.
* Completion of OH&S Induction Training for Construction Industry Workers (White Card)
* Planning and organizational skills to deliver successful projects on time.
* Communication and interpersonal skills for developing and maintaining client and subcontractor relationships.
* Excellent time management and prioritization skills to deliver timely client response.
* Have solid construction industry knowledge.
Experience: 10 years or Above
Qualification: Bachelor of Civil Engineer (Attestation of Degree Certification & Registered in Saudi Council of Engineers)
Good Salary Package and Facilities.
Head Office Location: Rastanura ( Eastern Province)
Note: Only Transferable Iqama.
Respected candidates kindly mentioned the subject for position applied.
Serious candidates could send their CV to: